What’s involved in an assessment?
- Pre-Assessment: Meet with Key Plant Personnel to discuss areas to focus on
- Assessment Day: Complete onsite visit to identify opportunities for energy efficiency, cost savings, and production optimization
- Post-Assessment: Analyze data, collaborate with utilities for financing opportunities, create report on recommendations
- Paid, hands-on experience
- Leadership opportunities and great resume builder
- Mentorship and training in energy efficiency, waste reduction, and assessments
- Measured positive impact on small and medium-sized manufacturers and commercial buildings by reducing their carbon footprint and operational costs!
- Travel throughout Michigan
Who are we looking for?
- A diverse selection of majors
- Open to learning new skills
- Students as teachers/mentors
- Motivated to help buildings reduce their carbon footprint
- Web design and marketing
- Strong communication skills
- Multi-semester preferred (Spring-Summer-Fall 2022-2026)
- 5-10 hours/week for Fall/Spring, ~40 hours/week for Summer
- Assessments at commercial and industrial buildings
- Report writing, training, mentorship, outreach, teamwork